People sometimes experience intense, emotional distress which they feel that they need help with in order to improve. In such circumstances they commonly seek help from a clinical psychologist. Psychology is the science of how people behave, think and feel. Clinical psychologists have a psychology degree plus two or three years further training for another degree or diploma. They are specialists in applying psychological theories and methods (therapies) to the mental health problems which people can experience. A description of the general scope of their work is given here.

Dr Mark Papworth provides assessment and treatment for a range of psychological difficulties including:

  • Depression

  • Stress & tension        

  • Sexual problems

  • Anxiety, panic, phobias and obsessions

  • Sleep disorders   

  • Anger control     

  • Eating problems        

  • Relationship problems

  • Difficulty in coping with events such as bereavement or divorce     

  • Difficulties in coping with physical illness, disability or pain

  • Adjustment to traumatic recent or childhood experiences

Currently, legal-/court-related assessment and treatment is not offered.

Mark is a registered practitioner with the following insurance companies: BUPA, AxaPPP, Aviva, Vitality and WPA. He also sees clients with policies from other companies.

Mark is also found herehere, here and here

The British Psychological Society is the professional body associated with practising psychologists in the UK. You can use their website to find a psychologist who offers a service to the public and use this website to check that they are registered. All registered psychologists have completed the appropriate training for their particular area of work.